1. Alzheimer’s, Wikipedia
2. ALS, Wikipedia (Connecticut College Version)
3. Excitatory Theory, Wikipedia
4. Gender differences in the human cerebral cortex: more neurons in males: more processes in females. Rabinowitz T., Dean DE, Petetot JM, de Courten-Myers G M, J. Child Neurology, 1999 Feb; 14(2) 98-107.
5. Familial Polyposis of the Colon, Sachatello, CR., Ostomy Quarterly, Volume 14, Number 4, Fall 1977, Pages 28-29 (Please note: this reference appears to be unrecoverable using Google search engines. I personally have my copy
6. Colorectal Cancer: Biology and Controversy, Sachatello, CR et al the Cancer Bulletin, 1970. Cancer: January-February, 1970
7. Effect of Colostomy on Experimentally Produced Colon Neoplasms, Navarrete A. and Spjut, H.J. CANCER, 20: 1520 (Sept) 1967.
8. Colonic Tumorigenesis in Rats with 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine, Hagihara, P.F., Yoneda, K, C.R. Sachatello.......et al Dis. of Colon and Rectum, April 1980:Vol. 23, No. 3
9. Bile Acids as Carcinogens in the Human gastrointestinal tract, Bernstein H. et al. Mutat. Res. 2005, Jan: 589(1) 47-65
10. Fang, Fang, Suicide among patients with ALS: Brain: 2008, 131, 2729-2733
11. California’s Stranded Sea Lions Suffering from Brain Damage Caused by Algae: San Jose Mercury News; 12/15/2015 (Secondary Reference)
Summary: Sea Lions poisoned by Sea Algae demonstrate signs of memory loss and neuron cell death in the Hippocampus area of brain. This short article appears to confirm almost every aspect of this theory. A neurotoxic agent (domic acid) kills brain cells in the Hippocampus area of brain. The Sea Lion appears to be the first animal model in which to study Alzheimer’s. (Original article published in “Science”)
12. Orlick, M.J. et al; Vegetarian diet pattern & colon rectal cancer. JAMA 2015, May, 175
13. Karlsen, AS, Packkenberg, B: Total number of neurons and glial cells in Down Syndrome. Cereb Cortex, 2011 Nov, 21 (11); 2519-24.
14. Boyles, S. Small declines in Kidney Function May Damage heart, Blood Vessels, Nephrology 01, 12. 2016 (Secondary Reference)
15. Jamar ® Hydraulic Hand Dynamometer
16. Soininen, H, et al. A Clinical Trial investigating the effects of Fortasyn Connect (Souvenaid) in Prodromal Alzheimer’s Disease: Results of the LipiDiDiet study. Presented at the 14th International Athens Symposium om Alzheimer’s, March 10, 2016
17. Walker, L. C., Jucker M. Seeds of Dementia: What Do Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and Gehrig’s have in Common? Scientific American, May, 2013
18. Brown, R.H and Al-Chalabi, A, ALS, Review Article; NEJM, 2017, 377, 161-172 - (A superb review of all possible genetic causes of ALS) CRS, MD
July 12, 2017